An Older Audience

The Education Director from the local model railroading group cornered me at a train show and asked if I would give a seminar about using programmable micro-controllers at their next meeting.  I've been doing this for three years now, I haven't seen many other projects like mine.  I've come to the conclusion that in addition to being a top-notch micro layout, my Dawson Station is the ultimate Arduino project! Now, to convince everyone else . . .

Here are my slides:


During one of the Maker Fairs, I sketched this out to help illustrate the various functions the micro-controller does on the layout:

All together, it is a bit overwhelming, even for me, but taken a piece a time, it is quite doable. Instead of bringing the full layout, I used the Sparkfun Inventor Kit and a small section of track to demonstrate the various ways I use Arduino.


I think it went well. I got lots of question during and after the seminar. It was obvious they were thinking about ways to apply this to their own layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment